Sr Samuel Chong, QS. The Malaysian Consultant

The Website for Malaysian Construction Industry.

Ask Sam !

Forum Home > News and Updates > Sabah International Surveyors' Congress - Fostering Domestic Capacity for Economic Growth

Sr Samuel Chong

Malaysia Geospatial Forum / Sabah International Surveyors Congress 2014

Geospatial Media & Communications and Royal Institution of Surveyors Malaysia (Sabah Branch) are pleased to announce the collaboration to jointly organise 6th Malaysia Geospatial Forum and 2nd Sabah International Surveyors Congress in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah on 11-12 March 2014.

With the theme “Fostering Domestic Capacity for Economic Growth”, the conference aims to highlight the potential of geospatial technology in managing the country’s wealth and ensuring sustainable development for optimal economic growth.

The two-day conference shall feature plenary sessions to discuss the conference theme, as well as technical programmes that include diverse user segments and latest technological trends in geospatial and surveying domains. An exhibition showcasing the latest geospatial technology and applications will also be a very important component of the conference.

December 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sr Samuel Chong

Get A Chance To Speak At The Forum!

Abstracts are invited on any Surveying topics relevant to the above theme.
ie QS / GLS / PMVS topics

Submission Deadline: 15 January 2014
Email to [email protected] / [email protected]

December 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sr Samuel Chong

re: Invitation to RISM Sabah's 2nd Sabah International Surveyors' Congress [ 11-12 March 2014 ]

Next week is our RISM Sabah International Surveyors' Congress 11-12 March [ Tue & Wed ].

We got topics like
* Analysis of Residential Property Market Performance in Malaysia 2007-2013
* Malaysian Property Market 2014 Outlook
* GST for the construction and property industry
* topics related to legal awareness in construction industry
* Fostering QS capacity in engineering works
* Fostering Surveying Ethics for Economic Growth by Datuk Johnson Tee

Best of all, u get CPD points from BQSM / RICS / CIDB !

For Registration kindly please contact RISM Secretariat at [email protected] @ 017-8152727

or look call up [ Sr Liaw LT 088-413711 ] or [ Sr Chew YN 088-244845 ]

Please register today, thank you.

March 5, 2014 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sr Samuel Chong

I got a 1001 questions on GST and no answers ...
don't you have questions you'd like to ask about the GST ?
* When and how do I account for GST for progress payments ?
* How do I account for GST when payment is not in the form of money ?
* Sale of Residential Properties are exempted from GST. Does it mean all construction works related to such residential properties are also exempted from GST ?
* Is the Retention Money in interim certificates / payments subjected to GST ?
* What is GST treatment for LAD ?
* Are tender deposits subjected to GST ?
* How do I calculate GST on value of construction work for project that started before GST implementation and continues on after GST implementation ?

Well, lucky for me and some others, we can find out more about GST from ..
RISM's Sabah International Surveyors' Congress 2014 - which will be held 11-12 March [ Tue-Wed ], starting tomorrow !

Register now !

For Registration kindly please contact RISM Secretariat at [email protected] @ 017-8152727 or look call up [ Sr Liaw LT 088-413711 ]

March 9, 2014 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.