Sabah International Surveyors' Congress 2015
BEYOND GST IN THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
Date : 11- 12 March 2015 [ Wed-Thu ]
Time : 8:30am - 5pm
Venue : Magellan Sutera Resort, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Fee : RM600 [ RISM Members ] / RM750 [ Non members ]
Papers presentation include :
* Goods and Services Tax [ GST ] in Property and Construction
* What is the GST implication if client / employer pays less than what is claimed or certified ?
* How do I account for GST in cases where payment is in the form of contra goods ?
* How do the developer / landowner account for GST where the developer to give back 20% of the value of the building works to the landowner ? How and when do the landowner / developer account for the GST ?
* Are Retention Sums and Liquidated Damages subject to GST ? When ? How ?
* What happens if client does not pay after we issued tax invoice after completion of work ?
* Is the conversion premium imposed by Federal and State Authorities subject to GST ?
* Is payment paid for temporary suspension of work subject to GST ?
* What are the GST treatment for forfeiture sum, SESB or other authorities deposits, Quit Rents and Assessments ?
* Is Advance Payment subject to GST ?
* GST on Professional Services, Valuers and Estate Agents
* Are the fees imposed by our professional Board subject to GST ?
* Are the professional services I provide in another country / outside Malaysia subject to Malaysian GST ?
* Are reimbursable expenses based on receipts subject to GST ?
* Is the developer's SESB Contribution subjected to GST ?
* Are commissions from sale of properties subject to GST ?
* What is the GST treatment on the sharing of fee between the estate agent and the individual negotiator ?
* Is the stamp duty on transfers of property subjected to GST ?
* Is GST applicable in the case of a shoplot owner who sells his property / shop? Does the shopowner have to register with Custom Department for GST before he sells his shop ?
* Motivation talk by Datuk Johnson Tee "In search of opportunities during adversities"
* Implications of the Competition Act on the Construction Industry and Surveying Profession
* Property rates valuation using statistic method and GIS
Click here to download the Congress registration form